What is Urgent Care?
Urgent care is a form of walk-in clinic that provides near ambulatory care to patients of all ages. Urgent care is an essential alternative to emergency care for any patient that has a sudden, but non-emergency, medical need.
Urgent care services include a mix of medical treatments, triage, preventive care, and diagnostic medical procedures. For example, an urgent care center can provide x-rays and imaging services so you’ll never need to wait in an emergency room. However, urgent care also provides a vast array of common medical services for patients:
What are medical services provided through a local urgent care center?
Urgent care centers are ideal providers for patients that may need immediate services or exams who don’t want to wait in an emergency room.
What most patients may not fully understand is that urgent care services are similar to those provided in hospitals and ERs in terms of quality. However, most urgent care centers offer services at far lower prices than traditional medical facilities. A few services that many patients can find at an urgent care center includes:
- STD Testing: Patients that need private or discreet STD testing services can rely on urgent care centers to provide results. Learn more.
- X-rays: Any patient that may need to examine an injury or get a second opinion doesn’t need to wait in the ER for an x-ray. Urgent care centers allow patients to get x-rays on the same day as their visit. Learn more.
- Injury treatment: If you experience a non life-threatening injury that doesn’t require immediate ER care, then go to an urgent care center! Most urgent cares specialize in injury treatment including cuts, lacerations, bruises, bone breaks, and sprains. Learn more.
- Flu Shots: Urgent care centers provide a great resource for patients that need fast flu shots during peak influenza season. Simply walk in and get your flu shot in a few minutes. Learn more.
- Sinus pain and seasonal illness treatment: Whenever patients need to treat sudden sinus pain, seasonal illnesses, or seasonal allergies an urgent care center can help. Physicians and other urgent care providers can administer treatment to relieve your most uncomfortable symptoms. Learn more.
- Lab testing: Patients may need a lab test or blood work to diagnose specific medical conditions. Instead of waiting at a hospital try using urgent care to get any diagnostic exams you may need. Learn more.
- DOT Physicals: Commercial drivers are required to get updated medical exams before they can renew their commercial driver’s licence (CDL). Drivers can get DOT physicals on the same day of their visit at an urgent care center. Learn more.
Where can I find an urgent care center in Denver, CO?
The good news for patients that need local urgent care in Denver, CO is that they can visit any one of our four AFC Urgent Care Denver locations for walk-in clinic access and immediate healthcare services:
AFC Urgent Care Denver Speer:
777 E Speer Blvd.
Denver, CO 80203
AFC Urgent Care Denver East:
1295 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80206
AFC Urgent Care Denver Highlands:
3800 Irving St.
Denver, CO 80211
AFC Urgent Care Cherry Creek:
760 S. Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80246
AFC Urgent Care Denver Leetsdale:
850 S Monaco Pkwy, Suite 10
Denver, CO 80224