AFC Urgent Care Denver Now Provides Telemedicine Urgent Care
Get urgent care remotely during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Telemedicine at AFC Urgent Care Denver Processes
Choose "Book Telemedicine" on our home page and then select "telemedicine on the drop down"
Complete the paperwork and our nursing staff will give you a call in the next 30 minutes to detail your visit.
Simply find an area with wifi or broadband internet connectivity to connect to your visit. Providers will call your directly if there are any issues with connectivity.
A provider will give you a summary of your visit, next steps for treatment, and a follow up consultation!
AFC Urgent Care Denver is providing telemedicine visits for our patients to ensure they can access care whenever they need to. Telemedicine at AFC Urgent Care Denver allows patients that have difficulty traveling or need a more flexible option for healthcare.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact patients’ ability to travel freely, we want to ensure that our communities have affordable and accessible urgent options when they need it.
Our provider team can consult patients, provide referrals, evaluate injuries, diagnose symptoms, and recommend coordinated care all through telemedicine. All our patients need is audio and video capabilities to get the care they need. If you have any questions, please call our provider team at any of our urgent care locations in Denver. Below, we’ve provided resources to explain what telemedicine is, the services we can provide via telemedicine, and why patients don’t have to delay care during this global healthcare crisis.
What is Telemedicine? How does it work?
Telemedicine is defined as the practice of using technology to deliver medical from a distance, according to the American Academy of Family Physicians. Patients can connect to providers through a dedicated portal, with an internet connection and computer with audio/video capabilities. Our provider team can then provider a variety of urgent care services, treatment recommendations, and other crucial services through digital means.
Telemedicine is ideal for patients that need to get care but are unable to travel at the moment. A virtual visit allows our provider team to prove detailed and collaborative care for a variety of needs.
Patients now have an efficient and effective way to get the care they need, all from the comfort of home. If you’re curious about insurances accepted for telemedicine, please refer to our accepted insurance list and consult your health plan administrator.
Telemedicine step-by-step process:
- Choose “Register for telemedicine” from our home page
- Choose the “telemedicine” visit type to book with one of our local doctors
- After you fill out the short registration, you will get a text message with a link to fill out your paperwork
- Once paperwork is finished, you will get a call from our nurse staff about 30 minutes prior to your scheduled visit to go through your information and go over your medical history
- At the end of the call with our nurse, you will receive a text that will connect you with the provider.
- As soon as your provider is ready to see you, you will receive a text to join the telemedicine call. Be sure you’re in an area with strong internet connection or Wi-Fi signal and stay near your computer so that the visit can begin right when the provider connects.
- If your connection is lost, the provider will attempt to reconnect. If they aren’t successful, they will call you back at the phone number you provided.
- We will send you a visit summary after your visit with notes from the provider on your treatment plan.
Telemedicine Services available at AFC Urgent Care Denver:
Telemedicine Access During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As patients continue to self-isolate, social distance, and work from home due to COVID-19, it is important to ensure there is available and safe healthcare options. That is why AFC Urgent Care Denver quickly implemented telemedicine to provide urgent care remotely.
Maintaining social distancing and getting necessary healthcare services can be particularly difficult, since COVID-19 can travel rapidly in local communities. At AFC Urgent Care Denver, we’re here to provide urgent care from the comfort of your home as we go through the challenges of COVID-19 as a community.
Telemedicine Services available at AFC Urgent Care Denver:
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Poison Ivy
- Mild Sunburn
- Cold Sores
- Canker Sores
- Sore Throat
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, sties
- Female urinary tract infections
- Head Lice
- Infected toenail or fingernail
- Minor Burns
- Minor Rashes (e.g. Impetigo, Shingles, Ringworm)
- Newly onset cough
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
- **Medication renewal (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) ***
- Urinary Tract Infections
- No chronic pain treatment
- No addiction treatment
- No withdrawal treatment
- No trauma/physical abuse/sexual abuse treatment
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No prescriptions over one month
- No Chest Pain
- No Pelvic/genital/rectal/breast exams
- No suturing (Must come into an AFC Denver location)
- No psychiatric conditions
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No STD’s or STI’s (Must come into Center)
- No Pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No Workers Compensation or Occupational Health visits (Must come into Center)
- No Referrals to specialists (Must come into Center)
- No Physicals or Sport Physicals (Must come into Center)
- No Suturing, suturing removal or wound care (Must come into Center)
- No Children under 6 months
Please call 911 if you have the following conditions:
- severe chest pain
- severe shortness of breath
- severe abdominal pain
- sudden vision changes
- loss of consciousness
- heavy bleeding
COVID-19 testing with a doctor’s visit at our
clinics without insurance will cost $195