AFC Urgent Care Denver Now Provides Drive Up Medical Care
AFC Urgent Care Denver is providing Drive Up Medical Care visits for our patients to ensure they can access care whenever they need to. AFC Urgent Care Denver allows patients that have difficulty traveling or need a more flexible option for healthcare. Our Drive Up Medical Care procedures ensure that patients remain healthy and maintain safe distances under pandemic conditions.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact patients’ ability to travel freely, we want to ensure that our communities have affordable and accessible urgent options when they need it. Our providers can triage, check-in, and confirm your medical needs via iPad to efficiently provide urgent care right beside your car.
Our provider team can consult patients, provide referrals, evaluate injuries, diagnose symptoms, and recommend coordinated care all through Drive Up Urgent Care. All our patients need is audio and video capabilities to get the care they need. If you have any questions, please call our provider team at any of our urgent care locations in Denver. Below, we’ve provided resources to explain how we are offering care.
Important: During pandemic situations including the COVID-19 outbreak, patients will need a car in order to qualify for Car Side visits.
What is Drive Up Medical Care? How does it work?
Drive Up Medical Care or Car Side Medical Care is the process of providing patients with vulnerabilities, pandemic risks, or other critical conditions with urgent care that is sanitary and safe. Our providers use iPads and maintain safe distances from your vehicle to provide immediate care.
It is important to remember that patients need a vehicle in order to secure this testing, so please contact your nearest AFC Denver location for more information.
Most of our urgent care services are available via Drive Up Urgent Care including seasonal illness treatment, preventive care, symptom diagnosis, illness testing, and much more. If you have any questions please contact us right away for more information.
COVID-19 and Drive Up medical care step by step process:
- Both services are offered at all our locations
- Choose a location to drive to
- After you fill out the short registration, you will get a text message with a link to fill out your paperwork
- Arrive at the clinic and park in a designated car-side medical care spot.
- No need to leave your car. Simply call us upon arrival and tell us your spot number
- Our nurses will be coming to your car to take your swab.
- Once paperwork is finished and you have been swabbed, you will get a call from our nurse staff to go through your information and go over your medical history
- At the end of the call with our nurse, you will receive a text that will connect you with the provider.
- As soon as your provider is ready to see you, you will receive a text to join a telemedicine call. Be sure you’re in an area with strong internet connection or Wi-Fi signal and stay near your device so that the visit can begin right when the provider connects.
- If your connection is lost, the provider will attempt to reconnect. If they aren’t successful, they will call you back at the phone number you provided.
- We will send you a visit summary after your visit with notes from the provider on your treatment plan.
Telemedicine Access During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As patients continue to self-isolate, social distance, and work from home due to COVID-19, it is important to ensure there is available and safe healthcare options. That is why AFC Urgent Care Denver quickly implemented telemedicine to provide urgent care remotely.
Maintaining social distancing and getting necessary healthcare services can be particularly difficult, since COVID-19 can travel rapidly in local communities. At AFC Urgent Care Denver, we’re here to provide urgent care from the comfort of your home as we go through the challenges of COVID-19 as a community.