AFC Urgent Care Denver Providers Strive for Comprehensive and Compassionate Care. Come meet our team members:
We share similar core values that drive us to bring the best of who we are to work every day.
Every patient who walks through AFC Urgent Care Denver doors deserves nothing less. These values include: a respect and consideration for others, honesty and integrity.
It means compassion and kindness for all. Teamwork and a spirit of cooperation. Initiative and bringing excellence to everything we do. This is who we are.
Johnny Shen, MD
- Medical Education: UT Health in San Antonio 2007-2011
- Degree / Specialty: MD/ Family Medicine
- Residency History: Houston Methodist Hospital 2011-2014
Fun facts like hobbies, family, etc: My family immigrated from Taiwan. I am an avid reptile hobbyist, especially in keeping turtles. I have over 50 turtles in captivity. I also grow a wide array of carnivorous plants. I enjoy snowboarding, hiking, tennis, weight-lifting, krav maga, cooking, drawing, music festivals, and competitive street-dance such as breaking.
Shay Kerman, President & COO
Shay Kerman serves as president and chief operating officer of Urgent Care Solutions, dba AFC Urgent Care, a healthcare company with over 100 employees in Denver, overseeing the strategic and operational activities. She is experienced in operating outpatient clinics with a demonstrated history of working in a wide range of different industries.
Currently at Urgent Care Solutions, she is providing quality healthcare in communities and helping people be better healthcare users. Before starting her healthcare company, she worked in other industries such as engineering and education. She has a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from PolyTechnic University and an MBA from Kempten University. She enjoys working on strategic, tactical, and operational growth of companies and has helped many companies and nonprofits that need consultation.
Shay is interested in the variations and commonalities of how some of today’s most complex healthcare challenges are experienced across the continuum of care. She believes healthcare is a human right. She works with various organizations in building and implementing clinical outreaches to some of the most remote villages in Africa. She has worked with project C.U.R.E and Maranatha’s medical team in building satellite clinics and offering outpatient services in Ghana and Zambia.
Shay has a strong background in leadership, operations, strategic planning, and performance improvement in a wide range of company environments and high paced growth-oriented organizations.
Andrew Bard, MD
- Medical Education: Loma Linda University with an MD degree
- Degree / Specialty:
- Residency History: in Emergency Medicine from Western Michigan University.
Fun facts like hobbies, family, etc: Hobbies include snowboarding, hiking, running, rock climbing, and hanging out with my wife.
Lee Rosacci, D.O.
- Medical Education: University of Southern California B.S. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
- Degree / Specialty: Family Medicine, D.O.
- Residency History: Valley Hospital, Las Vegas NV
Fun facts like hobbies, family, etc: I am currently starting my medical career in Denver, after practicing primary care in Boulder CO. I am local to the area and have a young family, including a 2 year old son. I love my job for the patient interactions and awesome staff. In my free time I like to do yoga, work on home improvements, and snowboard.
Julie Greenwood, DNP, FNP-BC
- Medical Education: I completed my Doctorate of Nursing Practice, focusing on family nurse practitioner at the University of Northern Colorado. I was honored to receive the award of “Dean’s citation for Outstanding Capstone .”
- Degree / Specialty: Prior to receiving my DNP, I completed undergrad at the Ohio State University and nursing school at the University of Miami. My focus as a nurse was in the critical care department. From there, I have worked in Family practice and ENT as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Fun facts like hobbies, family, etc: In my free time I love spending time with my friends and family exploring the great outdoors. Skiing, hiking, and yoga are some of my favorite hobbies.
Angela Slinden, FNP
- Medical Education: 12 years of experience beginning as a Registered Nurse for 5 years, followed by 7 years of Family Medicine and Urgent Care as a Nurse Practitioner
- Degree / Specialty: Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing from University of Colorado 2008, Masters of Science in Nursing from Frontier University 2012 / Family Medicine – Nurse Practitioner – Board Certified
- Residency History: Clinical medical training in Family Medicine and numerous specialties throughout Colorado Springs and Denver
Fun facts like hobbies, family, etc: I enjoy traveling with my husband to 16 countries now. I have two pugs that snore a lot. I truly enjoy my job, helping patients feel better.
Kevin Ralls, DNP, FNP-C
- Medical Education: University of Arizona College of Nursing
- Degree / Specialty: Doctor of Nursing Practice – Family Nurse Practitioner (2014), Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner (2013)
- Residency History: University of Arizona DNP Family Nurse Practitioner Residency/Preceptorship Program
Fun facts like hobbies, family, etc: Activities I enjoy include running, snowboarding, camping, scuba diving, checking out local breweries, and exploring Denver with my Wife and 2 dogs.
Abigail Drake, PA-C
- Medical Education: Attended Boston University for my Bachelors of Science in Human Physiology
- Degree / Specialty: Attended Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science and graduated in 2006 with a Masters in Physician Assistant Studies
- Residency History:
Fun facts like hobbies, family, etc: I enjoy international travel, thru-hiking, and used book stores.
Stewart Harsant, PA
- Medical Education: Physician Assistant School at Methodist University in Fayetteville, NC, graduated in 2014, degree Masters in Medical Science. Undergraduate studies in Spanish Language and Literature and Biology from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC, Summa Cum Laude.
- Degree / Specialty: Urgent care for 5 years in Asheville, NC and Chicago, IL prior to starting at AFC Denver in September 2019. Currently a candidate for the Fellowship in the Academy of Wilderness Medicine. Published in June 2019 Journal of Urgent Care Medicine: “Top 5 Wilderness Medicine Topics for the Urgent Care Provider.”
- Residency History:
Fun facts like hobbies, family, etc: I have hiked the entirety of the Appalachian Trail. Hobbies include backpacking trips, hiking, running, skiing, snowshoeing, traveling, and spending time with my family.
Dana Payne, PA
- Medical Education: Rosalind Franklin university of medicine and science
- Degree / Specialty: Masters of Science Physician Assistant Studies
- Residency History: N/A
Fun facts like hobbies, family, etc: – hiking, biking, kayaking, taking my dog on adventures, traveling
Derek Miller, PA
- Medical Education: Saint Francis University, undergraduate at The University of Maryland
- Degree / Specialty: Master of Medical Science / Specialty focus in Emergency Medicine at Denver Health and Platte Valley Medical Center
- Residency History:
Fun facts like hobbies, family, etc: Yoga and hiking with my dog
Commitment to Excellence
At AFC Urgent Care Denver, our team is committed each day to create the best-in-class urgent care for our patients. Our providers aim to create exceptional, prompt, affordable, and neighborly urgent care services for patients of all needs! Our mission is to be your local family provider for sudden and immediate medical needs. See what our patients have said about us!
A Thriving Company Culture
At AFC Urgent Care Denver, we strive to build an active, encouraging, and neighborly community within our workplace. That is why we host and plan work events, community outreach, and philanthropy events to help our employees grow, have fun, and give back in meaningful ways. The events we host at AFC Urgent Care Denver includes company picnics, themed parties, and other celebrations that emphasize a “work hard, play hard” mentality.
We ask a lot of our employees and respect our patients each and every day. So we want to consistently thank everyone for making AFC Urgent Care Denver the respected, trustworthy, and thriving neighborhood urgent care provider it is today!
Opportunities to Give Back
At AFC Urgent Care Denver, our provider teams aim to create the highest-quality healthcare services possible. Just take a look at what our local patients are saying: here.
But there are other parts of the world that are in crucial need for healthcare services we take for granted. Services such as medication, vaccinations, and basic urgent care is not widely available in other countries in Africa, Asia, and other continents. To address these gaps in healthcare, AFC Denver self-funds outreach missions using the proceeds from our walk-in clinic and urgent care locations.